Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Splinted Legs

Finished these today. Someone please buy them before I keep them and have to make a whole new character to wear them. They're 3 point Monstrous legs for us.

DSC02366.JPG

DSC02367.JPG

DSC02368.JPG

DSC02369.JPG

The knees and splints are stainless, the leather is hand-finished 14-16oz saddle skirting dyed and oiled to a deep red. Brass rivets in the knee articulations and on the splints, copper rivets holding leather to metal.

These are not yet strapped. I will strap them to the measurements you provide me with black 7/8" horsehide latigo straps and solid brass buckles before shipping.

Greave is 14.5" from point of knee to top of foot, and no smaller than 17" around the calf.

Knees are 6.5" wide across the lames.

Cuisse is 16.5" long from point of knee to top of cuisse, but the top unsplinted lame is cut from softer belly leather, so it's not stiff and uncomfortable. No smaller than 22" around the thigh.

Total length from top of cuisse to top of foot is 31".

How about $400?

They're REALLY pretty.

If only I didn't procure the knees assembled, I could have polished them to a mirror shine. :(

Then people could see the sheer horror on their own faces just before being falcon kicked.