Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

2012 July and August Events

We have decided that we will not be doing a July event at Faire Play. Enjoy your month off, Marshals and Staff.

In August, we will be doing a Saturday fighter practice at Vanderkamp. Afterwards, we will have swimming at the beach, canoeing on the lake, a BBQ, and for those that wish to not drive home, bunks are available in Resurrection Lodge and the cabins. Site fee is $10 per person, kids less than fighting age are free. It will be a discreetly damp event.

Date for August will follow soon.

Fighter practice last year was my first event. I didn't know anyone except the Dag guys, and I had an absolute blast. Having a BBQ and some camaraderie afterwords will make it even better this year.

Ann, I promise to not hit you in the face with any javelins this time.

Sounds wonderful!

Awesome. I will keep the 4th opened in August.

Jordan, "Date for August will follow soon" does not mean "keep the 4th open".

It ain't going to be August 4th.

Dave and I will figure this out and get back to everybody.

James

Hey sorry if I missed it elsewhere but is there an update for the August date? =)

Bump for great inquisitiveness.

Is there gunna be an August fp? Time off must be requested!

Official announcement!

Fighter Practice & Cookout at Vanderkamp, August 25th - 26th. If people want to stay overnight, we'll have Resurrection Lodge, and I imagine that cabins are available too.

Will have to miss the FP that the date of my bachelorette party. So have fun guys!

Can we get a time? I already know I'll be job coaching on weekends, but if it's early enough I can come up and participate for at least part of it.

I look forward to whooping all of your asses at this fighter practice.

I will do my best to be there as well just to get a little extra training in for myself.

Before I forget again: I talked with James a couple days ago. He got a request for Resurrection Lodge for the weekend of our Fighter Practice in August, and wanted to know if we wanted it still. As he was giving it to us for free, I told him we'd happily take Confirmation instead so he could make some money on Resurrection. So people who can't stomach sleeping in a cabin can stay there overnight.

Can I get Logistics to figure out who that will be, please and thanks?

You bet. I'll post something up as soon as I've got enough free time to do it well.

OK!

Overnighters for the Fighter Practice on Saturday, August 25 will have access to our normal cabins, and one lodge: Confirmation.

Confirmation has 10 beds, 2 bathrooms, and a refrigerator.

Please send me a PM if you want a bunk in Confirmation rather than a cabin. First come, first served, with exceptions made for health conditions that make the presence of a bathroom and/or lack of bugs a boon for you.