Sign in to follow this  
Octavius

More Work at VK

Hey everyone. Another work day in our VK grounds series.

This time we are going to be finishing up the work we started during our last work day. We will be cutting up more downed trees and downing several trees that look like they could be dangerous. We are also cutting up and splitting all this wood, as well as the wood we cut up last month, into usable firewood and stacking it up outside of each cabin. VK is allowing us to make use of their powered splitter to assist.

XP is going to be given at the rate of 1/Hour. Bonus extra XP if you bring tools for us to use. You will need to bring work gloves, boots, and jeans. If you have a chainsaw, that would be helpful.

We are aiming to begin at 10:00 AM on Saturday Morning, and going until we finish or dark. I will provide drinks, but we will have to work out lunch/etc.

If you plan on attending please let me know or post here. We are looking to get at least 9 or 10 people to help out. 1 or two people operating the splitter, 2 teams for cutting, downing, and moving trees/wood to and from the splitter.

If everyone can do me a favor...

If you're attending, post here and let me know what you're able to bring with you. If people can't afford, or don't have stuff let me know I'll see what I can do. I want to make sure that everyone AT LEAST has a pair of work gloves. Other things people may want, is eye protection or sun glasses, if you're concerned near the splitters. I may be able to get a few pairs for people to share, but you may want your own.

It's going to be a long day of physical labor, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's all we'll need. We'll take any help that people are willing to offer. We'll be more than happy if people want to show up to bring food, drinks or help drive vehicles. Having a vehicle or two to transport wood isn't a bad idea (from confirmation to the cabins). As well as people unloading, loading and stacking. Just know that we're going to be in serious work mode, to make sure we get all of this done.

Once again I'll be sure to be there to lend a hand.

I have gloves and work gear.

I would like to come and have work gloves and can bring two pairs of safety glasses if anyone wants to use them, but wouldn't really be good for much besides loading, unloading, stacking or carrying, as most tools and I are a poor mix.

Would this still be helpful?

If you are prepared to lift and carry most of the day, any help would be appreciated.

Twins will be there again smile.gif

We have work gloves.

I can make it to this one! I should be coming with my axe (or two), a couple pairs of gloves, a few pairs of safety glasses, a couple pairs of earmuffs and I can also bring some heavy duty snippers (can cut up to 1" branches) and if needed some rope and circular saw. I can also bring a bow saw if someone is crazy enough to put it to use.

I am willing to carry what I am able to carry nigh indefinitely having once been camp staff at Tuscarora. I may not be a giant burly man but I am a pretty determined lady. I also have a fairly hefty branch snipper if such a thing is useful.

Attending thus far:

Zach

Myself

Mike B

Scotty T

The Twins

Kyle

Suzie

Rich H

Blast it, after missing the last one I'd been hoping to make the next. We're celebrating Grace's birthday this weekend with family though so I won't be in town.

I'll try for the next one.

Phil and I will be there for at least part of the day. He has to work first and I need to sleep after working tomorrow night, so expect us sometime in the afternoon.

I'll be there, I ain't got tools though.

I pick things up and put them down?

I pick things up and put them down?

We will pick up all the things. No thing will remain unlifted. Quaver before our might, things.

Tony mentioned work gloves, steel toed boots would probably also be a good idea if people have those to bring as well.

I'll be bringing equipment to set lines in the trees for takedown, and a couple other hardhats for people in the tree crew(s). If you plan to be running a chainsaw or be working near one, ear protection would probably be a good idea.

Scotty has 1 peevee (NOT the amp), if anyone else happened to bring a second one, it'd make moving logs easier.

I've been pretty sick (flu/cold) since Wednesday, so there's a chance I may not make it. I expect things to be cleared up by tomorrow morning.

Zach, I'll be onsite for some lightweight projects and other figurings.

Will bring a couple spare sets of safety specs.

If you need any construction tools for other projects, let me know.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made it out and helped with the Work at VK this weekend.

It was a beautiful day with lots of hard work, good job people. Everyone put in a good effort and we got a lot done in one day.

Yes! Thanks for for everyone who helped. I'm exceptionally pleased with the work that we were able to finish.