Elfury

creeping rot buff

Wouldnt it be cool if creeping rot was buffed? My proposal would be that it makes a non ES weapon a poison weapon for game day? If game day is too much, make it 10 minutes.

Reasoning? Lots of things allow you to swing for other damage types but not poison. The name already is in place, the poison creeps its way along your blade until it is covered. Helps new players who can't obtain damage types. Doesn't hurt veteran players. I understand poisons are meant to do this, but they require a skill to apply and are also slow to apply on the fly. This would also buff poisons allowing you to get double charges from poisons.

Also if you like the current creeping rot? Why? I'm not hating, I'm genuinely curious about the upside of it. And the spell could always be made so you can convert a weapon OR make a tag bag.

Hope to hear some good points for and against.

I like the idea... but then actual poisons wouldn't have much of a point.

They still give you the actual ability such as poison stun or poison pin. And would also give you double charges since applied to a poison weapon.

A poison pin without a poison weapon will only get you so far against a bagman or even 2.

True. I kind of like having things in game that magic can't always cover though.

It's not all that expensive to buy a poison weapon either. Crafting something goblin iron is only 40 coin, not including the 'workmens fee.' Thats if Goblin Iron hasn't changed in craft points. This is also not adding in having the goblin iron being a spear, or a long sword. This is just minimum length 32inch shorty goblin iron.

Also, Corruptions, first level Alchemy, last 10 minutes. I would rather take the minute to apply that then to cast a spell of it.

Level one alchemists?

Millions of them, as far as the eye can see!! IO.oI

I miss the old Creeping Rot, locked the Restoration

Tree for ten minutes unless Dispelled or ten minutes went by.

Thats still pretty much what it does, though it is easier to cure.

it makes a Hand of Death now. Copies the Alchemy skill, just cheaper.

I didn't realize it did pierce damage.

it doesn't

What if it made all the damage you deal into poison damage for 10 minutes?

What if it was a magical dart that, if it hit, made all damage they take ignore their armor?

The armor one would be too complicated, and it sounds like an end tree spell that way. i don't see why it needs to be changed at all. It's fine the way it is. If your unable to use it once without dropping the thing your fighting, it's prolly not the best time to be using it anyway.

What if it was a magical dart that, if it hit, made all damage they take ignore their armor?

I'd like to see something in Alchemy do that.

It is probably the least useful spell in game. 1 4-poison tagbag (if I recall) for 2 power? That doesn't do too much. If people like it and want it the same, I'm cool with that, I just feel its very weak in comparison to most other spells.

Elven steel which is needed for all sorts of monsters has enchant weapon and wraithbane. Silver has those 2 plus silvershine. Magic has wraithbane enchant weapon and Mage blade. Primal has primal form. Nature has elemental weapon and primal form.

Poison has alchemy? It seems odd poison doesn't have a spell. (Although Lauren made a good point every Dr doesn't need a spell)

Another point for; alchemy will lose sales of 1 thing potentially, while multiple other poisons become STRONGER. So it would be an overall buff to alchemy.

What about something like an offensive Ghastly Visage? Creeping Rot someone and they become vulnerable to things that effect Undead for 10 minutes. Also no Resto. (Would be easier to remember if both effects had a theme and duration in common.)

(Dissipate and Banish kinda do this.)

Maybe Abomination has the same weakness? You get all the dual wielding full damage, ridiculous toughness and can walk through Unhallow... but you can be Commanded and Repelled if an opponent is crafty and has the spell.

There are already poisons that pierce armor, but giving something like that to a weapon master? Would be a very bad day.

Eh, it's very similar to Curse, and is close in theme to Poison.

I'm not saying Creeping Rot is bad how it is now, just brainstorming.

That's not bad JC. Buff to necromany allows you to repel anything you want, but at the cost of extra power.

Also I agree abomination should let you ignore unhallow but that's for another thread

Honestly I imagine that a Necromancr being able to temporarily Zombify someone is fricken EVIIIL and terrifying. It means a gravespawn could make you his bitch just as easily as you make him yours too. Scary. Nasty. Horrifying.

(Abom was written that way in the past. Really Sanctify and Unhallow prolly ought to be the same spell. You just choose the polarity at the casting.)

Abomination DOES already allow you to ignore unhallow, is like a stronger version of ghostly visage, just geared to combat where you wouldn't be able to 'sneak' through a wave of undead. I mean you COULD, but if your attacking them, they'll attack back.

Really Sanctify and Unhallow prolly ought to be the same spell. You just choose the polarity at the casting.

That's the best damn thing I've ever heard.

Also, Creeping rot is a 4 Poison tagbag. By cause of it being poison, it automatically suppresses Restoration until purified. Can it be used with Spellburst? If so, that gives it a unique niche and seems fair for a level 2 spell, IMO.

P.s. magic isn't really supposed to cause poison damage; that's what alchemy is for. Creeping Rot be creepin' on other skill trees.

For fun, since we're brainstorming, if we go with JC's "make Unhollow/Sanctify the same spell" we could open up level 3 Necromancy for something new and interesting:

• "Decay", 2 tagbags that instantly destroy lesser undead or causes 4 Elven Steel damage to Greater (effectively a necromantic eldritch stone but better)
  • "Shadow Blade", next damaging attack with a weapon adds the Pierce descriptor.
  • "Grave Hands" a single tagbag that causes target, for 1 gameday, to be "unhealable" by restoration magic until Dispelled. Also, for 1 minute after casting, any undead bodies touched are put to rest (auto-KB for wraiths, undead, etc. cannot reanimate).

Just makin' stuff up :)