Sign in to follow this  
Vany'a

Chainmail

After four years of not wearing any armor (aside from the few events I wore my Storm Trooper / White Power Ranger armor), I decided I should get some tongue.gif

Figured I'd check here first if anyone is selling any Charmaine (wtf auto correct?) Chainmail, preferably riveted or "shark"mail before I went to the various websites and ordered it full price.

If you don't have luck finding it used...

I found you dis:

I can't click facebook links from work, but I will check once I get home tonight.

Thank you Dan.

If I had the scales, I'd offer to make ya a suit :P

If you don't have luck finding it used...

I found you dis:

Where the fuck was this when Diana was trying to buy me an aventail for Chriswtmas this year?

I've got a suit of riveted steel sitting in my basement that I can't really use. Sleeves come down a bit past the elbow, bottom is lower thigh. I'm not sure what kind of steel it is, but it hasn't rusted sitting in my basement for the last 3 years.

I am interested in your chain Prime. If Lauren isn't.

Kind of related to this, how well would this work for armor in game? I swear I have seen this site referenced to somewhere on here. My only concern is that it is 'ring mesh' instead chain mail, so I would imagine that its armor rating would drop from regular mail.

Just in case the link didn't work...

http://www.ringmesh.com/product_p/ss210.htm

Pretty sure ring mesh is full chain armour value.

Currently it is full value for area's covered by the ring mesh

Currently it is full value for area's covered by the ring mesh

"Currently" being the keyword here.

As happened with riveted aluminum chain a few years ago, this armor is already being monitored for game balance issues. Specifically, it has very high durability and very low encumbrance. Ringmesh/Azon mail/sharkmail has so far proven to have a slightly higher financial barrier to entry than the riveted aluminum from ThinkGeek did, but it's starting to appear in-game in troubling amounts.

If it starts to become "standard equipment", AKA "too good not to have", it will likely be nerfed down to two points like aluminum chain did.

This is the exact reason I wont get sharkmail, I'm scared I'll spend money on it and its value will drop. So I'd rather get the real stuff.